Protons are tiny charged particles that act very accurately on the tumor, while leaving nearby tissues healthy.
Thisnew type of therapyis considered to be the most gentle and at the same time successful kind of radiation. However, there are conditions of appointment - these are the stage of the disease, the preliminary treatment, the type of tumor, localization.
The cost of proton treatment in Germany varies according to the cancer type from 35 to 60 thousand euro.
In order to determine whether treatment is indicated to you by this kind of radiation, it is necessary to send your medical history about the diagnosis. We will reply to you within 3 working days.
Who cares about you during that kind of treatment?
About 80 scientists work in the Oncoray Research Center, devoting themselves to studying new methods of treating cancer. The radiation oncology team cares about your comfort. Your doctor may prescribe medication to help you relax if you feel anxiety lying still in an immobilizing device. For successful planning and implementation of proton therapy, the team of doctors - radiologists, physicists and medical radio assistants works in close cooperation. The proton therapy center is located in Dresden (Germany) and is our partner in the treatment of cancer.
The best result from irradiation with protons:
According to studies, the treatment of such diseases is the most successful:
- Chordoma and chondrosakroma
- Treatment of tumors in children, especially in the brain
- Salivary gland cancer, adenoid-cystic carcinoma
- Tumors that are located very close to sensitive organs, for example, in the region of the skull or spinal cord
- Tumors in the eye area
Diseases that are also subject to proton treatment and show good results:
- Tumors of the brain
- Prostate cancer
- Tumors of soft tissues (Sarcoma)
- Esophageal carcinoma
- Nonoperable lung cancer
- Inoperable liver cancer
- Pancreas cancer
- You will receive all the information about the organisation of treatment from our case management. You typically receive proton therapy in an outpatient setting. This means treatment does not require staying overnight in a hospital.
- As soon as you arrive at proton center your first step will be a consultation with a radiotherapist. The doctor will tell you in details about all the stages of therapy.
- The treatment plan consists of a preparatory phase and a schedule of proton therapy sessions.
- The preparatory phase is a special three-dimensional CT, MRI, PET study. Diagnosis is carried out immediately before treatment on a special ultramodern equipment in the Center for Proton Therapy.
- Duration of treatment - the number of sessions depends on the type and stage of cancer. Sometimes, patients receive proton therapy in 1 to 5 treatments, but also in 21-37 sessions.
- At the end of the treatment patients receive further advice from the physician in the form of a regular examination plan to avoid relapse.