How to get a second opinion in Cancer Center Germany
From your first contact with our International Patient Center and throughout the second opinion process, we will work closely with you to ensure we have all the medical information needed to make an accurate evaluation of your condition.
This information will include your scans, test results and any previous treatments.
A second opinion will assure you if you are on the right treatment path or recommend a new approach. You could also learn about the new treatment options, which may be available to you.
When a second opinion may be important:
- Before choosing a course of treatment
- You have a rare or unusual cancer
- The treatment offered has side effects or risks that you find disconcerting
- Your doctor’s treatment goals are different from your own
- Your cancer is not responding to your current treatment
- You want to be sure you have explored all options
- You think another treatment might be available
- Your doctor gives you a few different treatment options.
Relatives and carers can also request a second opinion on your behalf, but only with your consent.